Monday, January 11, 2010

NEW ANTHOLOGY OPEN FOR SUBMISSIONS!

The title (as of now): DEADLY LOVE, BE MINE The concept is all Laura Eno’s fault! With a simple question on Twitter, this idea was born and now moving forward. . . Laura asked me if I thought about doing a Valentine’s Day concept like the 12 Days of Christmas one that will be in paperback very soon (www.12days2009.wordpress.com). So, with that said and in mind. . . here we bring you the “Deadly Love, Be Mine” flash fiction / poetry anthology. It’s going to be like a box of chocolates minus the chocolate and lots of horror! GUIDELINES: 1 story OR poem per person. No exceptions. Stories MUST be 1,000 words or less. I repeat: 1,000 WORDS OR LESS. The reason is that this will be published ONLY on the blog. (It may end up in print eventually but I’m not promising a thing because of the cost of putting something in print! If I cover my costs for the 12 Days book and have extra, then we’ll talk about printing this!) The theme is Valentine’s Day horror. . . it doesn’t have to be on Valentine’s Day or about it, but we want love and horror, love and death, love and monsters, love and zombies (cue Jodi MacArthur!), love and. . . whatever the hell scares me!!! :) Submissions are open the second you read this and close on February 10, 2010 BUT please, PRETTY PLEASE with sugar and cherries on top submit your story as soon as you can so we can start posting them! I’m not sure how I’m going to post them – how many per day, etc. because I don’t know how many I’m getting! I’m leaving that part of this project open to you writers. . . just submit, submit, submit! If you have a story that has been published elsewhere, tell me. Make sure you have the rights to have it published somewhere else. If you have a story on your blog, tell me. When you submit, attach – I repeat – ATTACH the story or poem in a Word document using 12 point Times New Roman font (a hard lesson I learned from the 12 Days antho – people like weird fonts!). In the body of the email, put a short bio about yourself, your sites, your work, whatever! Send the story or poem to softwhisperssubmissions@gmail.com with VDAY in the subject line. What that said. . . if you have a question, DM me on Twitter @wisneski or email me. Oh, and the winners of this little project. . . yes, there will be winners. . . get a box of chocolates! The top two stories and top poem authors will get a box of chocolates sent to them! Happy Valentine’s Day. . . so get writing. . .
(and a HUGE thanks to Jenna at Fortunate Creations for creating the logo/coverart for this project already!)

10 comments:

Linda said...

Ack! Horror is when you get a vanilla cream when you thought it was caramel... Peace, Linda

Unknown said...

Tempting... even more tempting than chocolate... yum.

Laura Eno said...

What could be more fun than horror on Valentine's Day? :)

Anne Tyler Lord said...

Very wicked idea! I like it!

I bite into every piece of candy in the box first, then I always know what I am getting.

Anne Tyler Lord said...

BTW - your image on this post and for your website are really stunning!!!

Unknown said...

love it.. eek - have to get my skates on to submit!

Unknown said...

good luck with the submissions - hope mine came through ok ( am paranoid with technology after huge glitch swallowed a months worth of emails... but lets not go there...

Misty Hill said...

I can just see those chocolate covered cherries not really being fruit. :)
Hmm, maybe I can do something with that idea?
DeborahB

Anonymous said...

Alrighty, I'm in. Have a killer idea, will send it once it's edited one final time.

Jim Bronyaur said...

Start writing Tsuchigari!

Jim