Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Interview with the February Pic 1 k winner, Laura Eno!

What was your inspiration for your Pic 1 k story, Seaweed? (Other than the picture!) Laughing – it really was the picture. I am often inspired by water so when I saw the sand and water I just knew that I had to write a story. The empty shoes spoke to me of yearning and loss. They seemed abandoned. How long did it take to write? Not very long, under an hour. Stories like that seem to write themselves. What are your favorite stories that you have written and where can we read them? My favorite story is always the next one that I'm going to write! I participate in #fridayflash, so you can find a new flash fiction story on my blog every Friday at http://lauraeno.blogspot.com/ Do you have anything being published in 2010? I have stories in several anthologies coming out this year from Pill Hill Press and Lame Goat Press. I am also involved in a thrilling collaborative work called Chinese Whisperings – The Yin Book, coming out in Oct 2010. You can read more about it at http://chinesewhisperings.com/ Where can we read more of your work? The easiest way to track my work is in the bar on the right side of my blog. It has a list of stories that are in both print and online editions, along with their links. I am thrilled to be chosen for this interview for Soft Whispers, Jim. Thank you for providing this wonderful venue for writers to showcase their work and for all of the effort that you put into it! Read SEAWEED in Issue Two of Soft Whispers along with all the other great stories, poetry, and pictures/art. And in case you didn't know, Soft Whispers is FREE! Issue Two

13 comments:

Laura Eno said...

Thank you so much, Jim! Soft Whispers is a beautiful venue with so many things going on. There is truly something to interest everyone.

Cynthia Schuerr said...

Laura, I am so impressed. You wrote 'Seaweed' in under one hour. Please tell me you mean the quick first draft.:-)

Laura Eno said...

Thank you, Cynthia! And, um, no. :) But, I do have Underworld help when I write...

Cynthia Schuerr said...

I knew it! I gotta get me a 'Jezebel'
LOL!writerresearch

Anonymous said...

I can't the story to load on the site. Damn.

Alan W. Davidson said...

Great stuff, Laura! And you know that you've got a huge audience for your #fridayflash.

Laura Eno said...

Wiredwriter - I know that the link from my blog is working, if that helps. :)

Alan - Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek!

Mark Champion said...

Wow Laura, not only are you a great writer and contributer to #fridayflash ... you are so supportive of all of us newbies ... a well deserved honor.

Laura Eno said...

Thanks, Mark! I'm blushing now. :)

Carrie Clevenger said...

What? No Jezebel cameo? Great interview. Great story too Laura. ;)

Laura Eno said...

Thanks, Carrie! She doesn't like selkies...thinks they're all wet. :P

Anonymous said...

YAY Congratulations Laura - great story - great interview :)

Laura Eno said...

Thanks, Michelle!