Monday, May 3, 2010

The Rift

by Nishi There is a rift In reality A mirror forms.. Instead of me I see you A glass pane of swirling illusions Missing hours Forsaken moments Water turns to gold As time dissipates You stand on the other side Reaching out Stepping back Running away Glass shards fall Brambles twine Around my feet I hear your voice Whisper Into my skin How is this? I remember your touch When it was not mine Warmth It lingers Long lost on my lips Your name The mirror cracks The edges burn I tear away from your gaze You still look at me Come to me You seek A name A face But it is not me Yet.

1 comment:

Cynthia Schuerr said...

Oooh Nishi!
The push and pull on someone's heart. The ins and outs of someone's life. The joy and pain of love. The probability of it all happening over and over.