Thursday, May 13, 2010

Interview with April's Pic 1 k winner - CYNTHIA SCHUERR!

*What inspired the story (other than the picture)?* I love the romance of covered bridges, always have. The true inspiration, however, was the movie, The Bridges of Madison County, starring Meryl Streep and Clint Eastwood. I have always had a soft spot for lovers who were meant to be, but just couldn't seem to make it work. In my story, The Bridge of Dreams and Choices, my characters do make it work. Maybe, I am finally maturing. :-) *How long did it take to write?* I wrote it longhand, in roughly an hour. It wasn't until the next morning that I typed it up and gave it a final edit. *Have you had anything else published? If so, where?* Yes, I have a short story published in The Twelve Days of Christmas 2009 Anthology, a short story called, To Catch A Glimpse and many poems within the first four issues of Soft Whispers. I also have my Haiku published in the Soft Whispers Haiku Anthology. *Do you have a site? Facebook? Twitter? How can people follow you?* I do, Jim, thanks for asking! You can find me at http://www.theheartofwriting.blogspot.com/. I am also on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/cindyschuerr and twitter http://www.twitter.com/cswriter59. *What are your plans for 2010?* My plans are to keep writing. I have a trilogy that I am working on called, A Sentimental Journey. I am planning to have Book One published in the fall of this year. Wish me luck!:-)
You can read Cindy's winning story, The Bridge of Dreams and Choices here!

3 comments:

Laura Eno said...

Nice interview, Cindy! Congrats!

LINDA'S BOOK GARDEN said...

Wonderful, Cindy. I'm so happy and I loved your story. For anyone who has not visited Cindy's blog...GO! Along with Soft Whispers, Cindy's blog is one of my favorite places to visit. I always love what I find there.

Cynthia Schuerr said...

Thank you for commenting, Laura! I so appreciate it.

Linda, you are awesome! Thank you so much!