Monday, April 19, 2010

Where Are You

by Cynthia Schuerr
She cared for her With a mother’s heart Though they were only A decade apart They hugged as they slept On one small cot Sharing a pillow and a tear Cringing at the noise Covering their ears Pretending to sleep The words were loud And cut so deep An abusive time With each other’s love They grew close Then life changed New lives began Their paths were severed Moving toward a better day Lives changed forever She laid her head upon The soft mound of fluff That was solely hers And her heart beat alone.

7 comments:

Jim Bronyaur said...

This is just wonderful Cindy. Reminds us of how rough life can be but yet love is the most important emotion we can have and hold. . .

So sad but yet so enduring.

Well done.

Jim

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Cindy ( smile)

Writers Shelf Life said...

Lovely, as usual. Your words speak to the heart.

Cynthia Schuerr said...

Thanks so much, my friends!

Donna Carrick said...

This has a particularly poignant meaning for me, Cindy. Thank you for sharing these beautiful words.
Donna

Joz Varlo said...

So beautiful and sad. Great poem, Cindy. It touched my heart.

Cynthia Schuerr said...

Donna, I hear ya and I feel it, too. I hope it's, at least, a little bit healing.

Maria, I'm so glad you like it. Thanks so much, it means a lot to me.