Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Tempest

by Maria Kelly there has never been pain like the clash of kindred spirits from a tempest so intense - a marriage of like minds connected between a thin thread of similar design, or a familiar pattern to be read, so comfortable and so blind then drawn suddenly taut and strained, trembling entropy, where passes blame - it snaps like thunder crashing; lightning reflects, eyes flashing and rages stabbing from each barbed tongue: our cages ripped wide open, but all of our traps have sprung and this is what the tempest left behind: there has never been pain like yours and mine

5 comments:

Jim Bronyaur said...

Okay Maria,

First off. . . the title is awesome!

The opening and ending and perfect and mesh together to make this poem really work. Well done.

". . . there has never been pain. . ."

Ah, such poetic bliss! :)

Jim

Cynthia Schuerr said...

M-A-R-I-A,
How awesome you are with your prose. Oh my gosh, I wish I could put those kind of words out there.
You rock!

Anonymous said...

Love the flow of your writing :)

Carrie Clevenger said...

Holy cow, this is gorgeous. The flow is fantastic.

Joz Varlo said...

Thanks, guys for your comments. This was inspired by the Shakespeare sonnet...#116, I think (?)Don't quote me on that. That has always been one of my favorite poems. Thanks again. I'll be up on the internet soon I hope. At least, WiFi-ing somewhere...