Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Interview with Maria Kelly

January's Pic 1 k winner! I will start this by saying THANK YOU to the those who sent in stories for Pic 1 k last month. I received 6 stories which was more than I had expected for such a new program. I'm hoping that as more people see what those 6 writers came up wtih, they will participate. . . BUT on to January's winner, Maria Kelly. Her story, Archangel of Downward Spiral, was chosen as the Pic 1 k winner and as her prize, here is our interview with her: What was your inspiration for your Pic 1 k story, The Archangel of Downward Spiral? As soon as I saw the picture, I knew she was an angel. And not just an angel, but one of the most powerful: an Archangel. Her torn wings said to me "she is an angel that guards the way to hell and tries to rescue those who she can. How long did it take you to write? It took me one day to write this story. It took me considerably longer to edit it. Have you any other published works that readers can check out? This is my first real fiction publication. Woohoo! I have self-published some other poetry and science fiction drabbles (100 word stories) on my blog: Identified Flying Lenticulars. I am also currently publishing a serial fantasy story on the site based on the "The Frog Prince" fairy tale but from the frog's point of view. So what are your plans for 2010? Anything going on? I just enrolled in college to start pursuing my BA in English. Getting a late start on this, but better late than never. I am doing NaNoWriMo for the first time this year and am furiously planning my November masterpiece. My NaNo writer name is waning_gibbous, in honor of H.P. Lovecraft. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=name&id=654521789 http://twitter.com/mkelly317 http://identifiedflyinglenticulars.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

Cynthia Schuerr said...

Congratulations, Maria! Great interview

Jim Bronyaur said...

Maria,

Thanks again for participating in Soft Whispers first Pic 1 k and thanks for writing such an awesome story!

And to everyone else. . . check out Feb's Pic 1 k and GET WRITING! :)

Jim

Joz Varlo said...

Thanks, Cindy. I'm overwhelmed! Everyone did such an awesome job with it!

Joz Varlo said...

Thanks, Jim. I feel honored beyond words.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Joz Varlo said...

Thanks, Michelle!