Thursday, July 1, 2010

July Pic 1 k

In case you havn't heard yet, we have expanded Pic 1 k into poetry. So here's the idea - you look at the picture below... write a story about it in less than a 1,000 words OR write a poem about the picture in less than a 1,000 words.


Remember the saying "A picture is worth a thousand words?" Well, prove it!

BUT there's more!



Normally the winner of Pic 1 k gets a nice interview the site but I've decided to spice things up a little... this month I am offering as follows:



ANY submission that I like will be posted on Soft Whispers site and in the monthly issue



2nd place author will receive an interview on the site to brag about ANYTHING they want!



1st place will recieve an interview PLUS a $5 giftcard from Amazon.



(Yes, I know that $5 isn't much but I don't have much so to me it's like giving a lot!)



When your story or poem is finished email it to SoftWhispersSubmissions@gmail.com with PIC 1 K in the subject. Make sure you include a bio! And please, no formatting or crazy fonts. I'm a boring guy - I prefer 12pt Times New Roman.



Winners will be anounce by August 5th and the giftcard will be mailed by August 10th.





Okay, so with this all said... check out this month's Pic 1 k and GET WRITING!
 

No comments: