Monday, February 1, 2010

You Promised

by
Cari Main You promised. You said you would come for sure, for sure. I made a wish on my ring. You said the ring would keep us close and anytime I wanted or needed you all I had to do was say your name silently, in my head, and you would hear me. You said you'd always hear me no matter where you were. You said you'd always be there for me because you love me and always will. I don't see you and the play is going to begin. I'm scared even though I got to wear some wings. All the parents are here. Where are you?

2 comments:

Cynthia Schuerr said...

Poignant and sweet, but so sad, as well.
Great story!:-)

Jim Bronyaur said...

Cari -

WHEW! You captured what Pic 1 k is all about right here - it's short, simple, and so powerful. Great job. Thanks for writing!

Jim